Wednesday, April 1, 2009

*Shopping*

It kills me I don't have a phone yet and it is so hard to meet up with people. This morning Travis and I decided to meet at the Shibuya dog, right outside the train station. Consider that it is right next to one of the busiest intersections/pedestrian crossing areas in Japan. I got there a little late and waited by a mural with a bunch of dogs on it. I was worried that it might not be the right one, but it was dogs so I figured it had to be it. After waiting about 20 minutes, I figured I might be at the wrong spot. I walked around the little area, but with so many people walking by it would be hard to find anyone, much less pinpoint Travis among the other Japanese people. I finally found "THE dog" of course Travis was waiting for me, just like it seems he always has to.

Travis knew of this mall Shibuya 109: 8 stories, all girls stores. It was pretty amazing. Stories and stories of nice clothes, shoes, and handbags. If anything they were a little on the expensive side, but it was like a classed up version of Harajuku. I loved Peach John and Cecil McBiel (sp?)! Somehow I was able to walk out of there only buying two trench coats and a bottle of perfume. I left behind a pair of heels and a shirt and sweater. I will probably have to go back for them later.

And talking about being underdressed, I woke up this morning and barely had time to take a shower. I looked liked the frumpiest person in the whole mall. Thinking we were just gonna go explore or something, I was only dressed in jeans and a hoodie. Sure it was Kid Robot, but still...I did my hair in like 15 minutes and I definitely wasn't wearing heels or a fitted jacket...All the girls working at the stores were gorgeous and well dressed. After all like Travis told me, it is like the fashion capital of Tokyo.

Anyway, we went to a fast food type restaurant for lunch. I got a beef bowl and it came with the raw egg. Even though I would never eat it in the US I tried it today. It wasn't bad, but it made my gyuu don cold and a little slimy. Lol.

We actually went all over today. Travis wanted to look at a couple of store in Harajuku. We went to Supreme and Atmos there. Supreme has their origional store in California, but I am surprised how much more expensive everything was here in Japan. Shirts that would otherwise be $30 on the West Coast were like two or three times that. Even at Atmos (an urban brand started in Japan), shirts were $63 and jackets were anywhere between $150 and $300. Ridiculous.

I was really happy because today on my way home from their train station, I found a food store close to my dorm that sells a variety of food. Its like a dollar store of different food stuff. It also has a small section of bentos priced under $4! I am really happy because I needed to find a grocery store! And this one has perfect size portions of food at good prices.

Finally I was also able to meet some of my dorm mates. The ones I met have been here for 6 months already. They are from the UK, France, Bay Area, Chicago, and Cincinnati. I can't wait to finally make some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment