Friday, April 10, 2009

Wandering w/Travis and Cousin

Met up with Travis and his cousin today. We ate at Travis's school 青山学院. I swear his cafeteria food is even cheaper than mine! I got tonkatsu chicken over rice, plus miso shuru and tofu for $3.60. I love the food here! Although udon has always been my favorite food, I promised myself that I will not overindulge. Lol still want to be able to eat it when I get home. I already decided that I would try the specials at my school so I don't get sick of noodles! I want to try as much food/drink as possible here. So each day I decided I will eat something I've never had before. Today for breakfast I picked up an onigiri and a white fruit juice. I have no idea what kind it was. But it was sweet and really good.

I can't remember what we decided on doing, but we ended up walking to Harajuku. On the way we passed through Omotosando Hills. If you have never heard of it, it is a really upscale mall that is on a block with a bunch of designer brands (Fendi, Gucci, etc). The mall itself is absolutely gorgeous. I have no idea how they designed it, but the walkways slope. Outside the building there is a little stream that circles the mall. It is absolutely incredible. There are signs that say you can't take pictures, so I had to get this one off the internet. Really nice stores inside, like Jimmy Choo and everything.



You have to dress up to go shopping there. They would hardly take us seriously if we walked into a store. Alex said that he went into Lacoste wearing a t-shirt and jeans at one point in Japan. Apparently they looked at him really funny.

Walked around Harajuku some. Oh and went into a store called Kiddie Land. It is literally 5 floors of stuff from Japanese and American TV and movies. A floor of Naruto stuff, Hello Kitty, Disney, Miyazaki, and other kid stuff. It was so cute. I love the Japanese characters. Like these little monsters, and animals that are peas. Its hard to explain. But they are all very cute and very Asian.

No comments:

Post a Comment