Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Appreciation

I really don't know what I've been doing with my time the last two days. For some reason I have lost my productive drive and urgency to always do something. With that said, I feel like I have spent a lot of the time I would otherwise consider "wasted" just thinking. I usually don't have time to just think. Lol before now I would have probably would have considered all the better ways to use my time. But I guess I can start to understand how some people can just sit, daydream, and spend countless hours caught up in their own thoughts.

The shower rooms were switched again today. It is amazing what a difference water pressure makes. Rain baths v. showers. I've had two showers since then and I cannot get over how happy I am to have it. Its something I would have never thought twice about before. I never even thought about water pressure. Its one of those trivial things that we take for granted. We don't really appreciate it until for whatever reason it doesn't come through.

I feel like a lot of life is like this. You never recognize how good it is until something goes wrong. I never realized how financially stress-free my life is till I couldn't get money from the atm. I didn't really truly appreciate my family until I moved away for college. I didn't realize how much friends mean to me until I was all alone and without them. Sometimes it even takes us a death of a loved one for us to really value and cherish our lives.

For me, I wish I could recognize all the small things that I always take for granted. Like water pressure. Like the availability of clean drinking water. Having reliable health care. Government and law enforcement that is not corrupt. Idk. There are so many examples, but again, it is my inability to actually recognize them.

When you recognize the causes and conditions that have brought your life and current situation into being, even the bad times are never as bad as you think they are. There is an overwhelming amount of good in every bad. With this realization and appreciation, there really is never any reason to be sad. There are a million reasons for us to be thankful everyday in every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment