Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Starting to Get Sticky

Haha I was going to write this and just realized that Travis just blogged about it. Well its worth mentioning again.

The humidity is definitely starting to come around. Ever since it stopped raining, the temperature has risen quite quickly. I love not having to wear a coat when I go out at night. But I can tell it is gonna get nasty really soon. Sticky, yucky.

Today was 76 degrees F. I still can not do the metric conversion. Lol, I feel so stupid when everyone else can use kg, degrees C, m, etc. Its too bad that number one, I don't know the metric system, and number two that I cannot convert anything. I rode the train with an exchange student from France this morning. We were talking about a hike he did in Korea and he said the distance in meters. Lol, since I didn't know how far a meter is, he converted it for me. I just felt ridiculous. He knows that there are 1.6 (CORRECTION!) kilometers in a mile. Wow, am I behind the curve or what?!

Anyway. Humidty is at 64% today. Not too bad, but then again it is overcast today, and its not that hot yet...Since yesterday I constantly have the feeling that I need to shower. I just feel gross and I swear I look sticky.

The high point is that all the classrooms that I know of at Sophia are air conditioned. And my dorm room has ac too.

I'm sure nothing will be as bad as the last time I was in Japan. My junior summer of high school I was in Osaka for a week in the middle of July. I stayed with a host family. It was really great, except for the fact that they only had air conditioning in their living room. All the bedrooms were on the second floor. The heat and humidity was what I remember most from that experience. Sweating every night under the covers is absolutely awful.

I have faith that this time around won't be that bad. However it is the crowded train ride commutes in 100% humidity in the middle of summer that I'm dreading the most...

No comments:

Post a Comment