Friday, June 5, 2009

If Tokyo Has Taught Me Anything...

I have already realized what a difference Japan has had on my outlook on life and also personality/behavior changes.

I can admit it...I am a homebody. I don't know if I've always been like this, but at least the last couple of years I am reluctant to do things spur of the moment or sometimes even to go out. Sure if I'm on vacation or have a good excuse. But most of the time I am inclined to pass up on bars, etc.

But based on tonight and all the other random experiences I have had, I have learned:

Do all the things you want to do.
If you have the time and money...DO IT
Travel as much as you can.
DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!

Here is my not so new philosophy on life...

Not having the time is really a poor excuse for missing out. If anything, life is fleeting, so you need to suck every minute out of everyday. If you're too caught up in your life to have fun, you're not really living.

Money is earned, saved, and spent. There are reasons we make money and good reasons to spend it. Now I feel like there is no excuse to be cheap and miss out. All the money in the world cannot buy experiences, memories, or happiness.

Really, live life one day at a time. It doesn't matter if it is a weekday, or if you have a test coming up. There really is no worse thing then having regrets for opportunities that you pass up and will never have again.

Haha, I was just listening to a Lil Rob's "Summer Nights" song the other day. Even though I used to listen to the song a lot it was the first time I heard these lyrics. I am going to start to live by them now.

"Try to have fun in life, otherwise it's just a waste."

No comments:

Post a Comment